Monday, May 3, 2010

Child is the Father of Man

As a child, sunrise and sunset were my favourite painting subjects. Decided to relive those days and paint the same subject again. The urge to make it really good did me in. Somehow just could not get hold over the painting. It was really frustrating. Then my seven year old son gave me the clue. I have often watched him paint in gay abandon. Not a care in the world. Never worried about which colours to use and least bothered about the final outcome. But the final product was always amazing! So I stepped into his boots and decided to enjoy myself. It worked! I actually managed to salvage a painting, I had nearly given up on. This sunrise scene is very different from what had actually been planned. Good or bad...judge it. Your comments are welcome.

10 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful. The sun's fragmented reflection on the water is handled very well. It's also nice how you've done the colours in the sky. It is true about children and art. I'll have to try that when I go out painting tomorrow : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir, its a beautiful painting and have good vibrations. An excellent choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sir, thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AK--Love your work. It so interesting the perspective you bring by having seen things from a different view (literally) and also amazing to see a country I have never visited through the eyes of an artist. So glad you are combining your obsessions....it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello AK, This is an amazing painting. I am happy to "follow" your blog and look forward to what I will find here in the future.

    Thank you for your nice comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favourite :-) I love the way you have made it abstract but instantly recognizable and the colours are great.
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone- Dreama, Carol and Paul. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful!
    And thank you for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete